Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm thankful for....Digestive Tea!

What are you thankful for?
I'm thankful for many, many things this year including wonderful herbs.

This year herbs have helped me have an enjoyable pregnancy, grow a healthy baby, and have a quick & easy delivery. Herbs have nourished me mentally and physically during post-postpartum, and have helped me produce an abundant milk supply. Herbs have kept me from getting sick many times & boosted my immune system. Herbs have helped me adapt to my new life as a sleep-deprived Mama and given me the stamina to make it through the day. Herbs helped me relax during those times when I am stressed. Collecting & harvesting herbs has helped keep me grounded, appreciative, and in awe of the natural world. I am thankful to have taken this path into herbalism. I'm thankful for knowing how to make my own medicine and not have to rely on chemicals that poison our bodies & the Earth. I'm thankful for the seasons, the water, the air, the sun, the moon, & the plants!


Enjoy the bounty of turkey, stuffing, vegetables, bread, and pies. Enjoy friends and family.
Enjoy herbs!


After Dinner Digestive Tea

1 part orange peel, dried or fresh
1 part ginger, fresh, chopped or grated
2 parts fennel seeds


Pour boiling water over mixture in large glass jar and cover. Let steep for at least an hour. Strain herbs and serve after Thanksgiving dinner (or any meal) to help aid in digestion & soothe bloated, upset stomachs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment